This weeks veg box contains: potatoes, carrots, onions, pak choi, mushrooms, broccoli, aubergine, wet garlic, cherry tomatoes, courgettes.
The menu for this week is:
- Today (feeding the Church wardens before a meeting as well): lentil pie (like cottage pie only with lentils instead of mince), broccoli; fruit salad
- Thursday: tomato, courgette and goat’s cheese tart; blancmange flavoured with carob syrup
- Friday: white fish, pak choi stir fried with wet garlic; lemon tart
- Saturday: chicken and mushrooms in a savoury white sauce, rice; lemon tart
- Sunday: I’m the only one here for dinner this Sunday so not sure quite what I’ll have – but I know I will trade pudding for cheese!
- Monday: stuffed aubergines, rice